Stone International Frequently Asked Questions
What is the turnaround time in completing a kitchen?
From removal of existing cabinets to complete installation of cabinets and granite, it usually takes 7 to 10 days.
What wood species do you use on your product?
We optimize the quality of our cabinets by using the following wood species: Bass wood and Maple. (All of our cabinets are 100% wood. No particle boards or compressed wood product.)
Can the cabinet be upgraded with soft close glides & hinges?
Yes, upon request all of our cabinets can be upgraded with soft close hinges and any base cabinet that doesn’t come with soft close glides can be upgraded to soft close glides as well.
The fronts of our cabinets are solid wood with plywood boxes. All the shelves are stained in the same color as the front. Our Toffee, Glazed Maple & Cherry drawers are dovetail constructed with full extension heavy duty glides. In addition, Cherry has a soft closing feature.
What are advantages of using granite countertop?
Highly Stain Resistant
- It’s recommended that you wipe some substances off such as oil, grease, and juices in a timely manner; otherwise, it may darken the color of the granite
- Pots and pans taken directly from your oven or stove top can be placed directly onto granite.
- It is recommended that you clean your granite countertops with both mild soap and water or a cleaner specifically made for stone surfaces.
- Easy to clean
- Granite countertops do not harbor bacteria. As a result, it is among the cleanest material.
- Every piece of granite is unique and distinct from other pieces.
How is the price of cabinet & granite in comparison to your competitor?
Since we manufacture our own products and import directly to United States, we pass our saving onto our customers. In most cases, we cost 15 – 20% less than our competitors.
Is Stone International license and insured?
Both Stone International and our installers are licensed and insured.
Do you ship cabinets to any other states?
We ship anywhere in the United States. We place your cabinet order on a pallet and shrink wrap it. The cabinets is then delivered to our customer by a trucking company. This delivery process usually takes 3 – 5 days depending on the location. We also export to the Caribbean islands.
Does Stone International offer same day pick up?
Yes, because we import directly from our manufacturing facilities and are able to keep our products in stock.
How do I take a measurement of my kitchen?
- Begin by measuring the room wall-to-wall. (You will be recording all measurements in INCHES. (EX: 98″, not 8′ 2″)
- Make a rough drawing of the shape of the room. Represent each wall, door, window and any protrusions or recessed areas. This plan does NOT need to be ‘to scale’.
- Measure each wall section and record on the drawing. (A wall section is from one corner to a door way or window.) Measure each window and door and record. NOTE: Windows and doors are measured from outside edge to outside edge of casing or trim.
- Add up all dimensions on each wall and verify that the total is equal to the total wall dimension listed on the chart. (If not, re-measure!)
- Locate the centerline of the sink, by measuring from one corner of the wall. Record this dimension on your rough drawing.
- Measure from floor to ceiling at several locations. Record the smallest dimension in the body of the rough plan. (For vaulted ceilings, record smallest dimension at the point it occurs on the floor plan and record the greatest dimension at the point it occurs on the floor plan.)
- If your kitchen has soffits (also known as bulkheads), measure their height and depth. Using a red pencil, indicate soffit location with dotted line. Record dimensions. (If you plan to remove or replace soffits, skip this step.)
- Using a symbol, indicate location of each electrical outlet, switch or light fixture. Indicate the height from the floor and distance to nearest corner.