The Kitchen is the Heart of a Home.
To improve your family’s comfort and lifestyle, you must create a functional and beautiful kitchen. This area is where we gather to cook, eat and bond with our families. Also, since kitchens are used for a variety of activities, a functional space that is also beautiful remains a must!
Kitchen remodeling design can be a daunting task because there are so many details to consider when planning your design. However, there are many ways in which you can make your kitchen more functional while maximizing space and improving efficiency.
Kitchen Remodeling Design Tips
Before you start, it’s important to define your needs and wants. Here are some things to think about:
- Define your needs. What do you need? What do you want? Do you have young children who love to make messes in the kitchen and will need space for activities like painting or cooking? Is there a certain appliance that would make life easier, like a stand mixer or food processor?
- Get ideas from magazines, websites, and TV shows. Browse through magazines such as Better Homes & Gardens or Southern Living for inspiration on how to design your dream kitchen! You can also find great ideas by searching online through Google images or Pinterest (both have thousands of gorgeous photos). Once you’ve found some styles that appeal to you, jot down notes about what elements each photo has in common—this will help guide the process of designing your dream kitchen!
Careful kitchen remodeling design can help you create a comfortable kitchen space that fits your family’s needs. Here are a few tips to help you get started:
- Choose a kitchen design style.
- Check out the latest trends in kitchen design and make sure your remodel will complement your house’s style and décor.
- Plan for long-term use by considering storage, counter heights, and other features that will be useful to you.
- Create a list of things you want and need in the kitchen.
- Do you have an eating area in addition to a cooking area? How much space do you need for each activity? How many people are going to use this room daily? Also, consider whether any special appliances (such as a commercial dishwasher or microwave) should be included in the space plan during this planning process so they don’t get overlooked later on during construction when they could cause delays or cost overruns if added after construction has started but before completion.
Get Ideas from Design Magazines, Websites, and TV Shows
This can help provide an idea of what you want from your kitchen remodeling design in Miami. When choosing a design style, consider your family’s preferences as well as the overall look of your home
The first step to picking out a kitchen design is to get some inspiration. While you might be tempted to use other people’s kitchens as inspiration for yours, it can be helpful to see what’s trending in the industry and see how that applies to your space.
It’s a good idea to look at what other people have done and take cues from them, but don’t go overboard on this idea of “copying” another person’s design exactly because it might not fit into your style or personality. Also, don’t limit yourself by choosing only one style (modern vs traditional) because there are so many different styles out there that could work great depending on your needs.
List Everything that You Want in Your Kitchen.
List down everything that you want in your kitchen. List down all your wants, regardless of how silly they might seem to others. You will then be able to prioritize.
List down everything that you need in your kitchen. This is the bare minimum and should not include items such as a dishwasher or microwave oven, which are luxuries rather than essentials. You can always add on later if you find that there is an area where you need more storage space or countertop space for cooking purposes.
Compare both lists and see if there are any overlaps between what you want and what is needed for basic functionality in a kitchen design project (i.e., some cabinets may be necessary for storing foodstuffs). If there are no overlaps, then simply make sure that each list has unique items listed so nothing is missed out when it comes time for planning the actual remodeling process itself!
Consider Who Will Be Using The Kitchen
How long will they be using it? How many people will use it at a given time? How will the activities flow?
Once you have a general idea of the activities that will be taking place in your kitchen, determine how much space you need for each one. Do you have a large family? If so, think about including an additional sink to make meal prep easier. You may also want to include a separate space for a second refrigerator or wine cooler if entertaining is important to you.
If you plan on using the kitchen for entertaining, consider adding an island or peninsula that can serve as bar-style seating during parties and then fold up when not in use (a great space saver).
Kitchen Remodeling Design in Miami | Stone International
When it comes to kitchen remodeling, you have many choices. Stone International offers Miami customers the best of both worlds when it comes to choosing materials and styles for your new kitchen renovation.
Whether you simply want to revitalize your kitchen or expand it to create more space, Stone International has designers who can plan the perfect kitchen design for your home. With knowledge of building codes and the latest trends in design, you’ll receive a kitchen remodeling design in Miami that is perfect for your kitchen.
To learn more about our services and how they can help you, reach out to Stone International today for more information!